Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Crappy Birthday: The First Eight Hours

Day started great. Layla had breakfast with me and I took her to school. Got to the office, got to work.
Jamie called and said that mom fell at the house, and they were calling 911. They got mom to the hospital and I got there shortly after.
Mom was pretty out of it; just kind of mumbly and such. They took her down for a CT scan, and I left to go drop off a think for work at a client's office and to grab some lunch.
On the way back from lunch, I turned up the radio and noticed my sub wasn't on. I reached back to see if the amp overheated and it's gone. Some ducker broke into my truck over night and stole my amp.
And I know it had to have been overnight, because when I got in to take Layla to school, my cup holder in the front was disturbed. Nothing was taken out of it, but I wondered why the stuff was jostled.

Right before I left for lunch, Jamie called and said they were waiting on the neurologist to come look at her scan. I was rushing back to the hospital, and then had to go all the way back home to file the police report. Waited forever to do that, and then started heading to the hospital.

Talked to Darren H., and he said that mom had some bleeding on her brain and they were going to keep her in ICU for observation. The doc didn't think she would need surgery, and they were going to rescan in 6 hours.
After talking to Jamie, I decided to go wait it out here in the office. Jamie just called back, and mom's heart rate had dropped and the bleeding on her brain had gotten worse, so they decided to go ahead and do surgery. They are in surgery now.
On top of mom's ordeal, a bad accident in Jackson sent at least 4 people to the trauma unit in the same ER, so Jamie was surrounded by madness and tears and everything.

Mom is in surgery, and Dad and Jamie are up there. I asked her to let me know when mom is back in the room so I can come up.

I'm fighting really hard not to lose it. Such a mix of emotions right now; fear, sadness, anger, vengefulness... I think i'm going to head over to church and just pray about all of this. I need to isolate myself right now.

Who knows what the rest of my birthday will bring, but I think I'll go slam my hand in the truck door 4 times and maybe burn off one eyebrow, just to balance everything out.

PLR,
D

No comments: