Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 12 and KILLING IT.

Broke the 360 mark today. So far, I'm down 24.2 pounds. That's pretty freakin' substantial for 12 days, so I celebrated by not doing anything stupid and drinking lots of water. Neener, neener, temptation.

The diet is going very well. I've leveled out to a pound or so lost per day, but I've still got 30 days left, so I'm gunning for the record (52.4 pounds, I believe).

I did face a slight temptation tonight, when I was making the kids dinner (Layla requested dad's "beanie weenies") and I licked the spoon. GASP. Yeah, the delicious brown sugary goodness of baked beans hit my palate like Whataburger to a pot head. But I held back and moved on. Because I HAVE TO, and because that's the kind of stupid thing that can throw this whole train off the tracks. And I am determined to do this 110%, no bullsh*t. And so far, so good.

I did "feel the burn" as they say over the weekend. Had a Tone Def All-Stars show Saturday night, and realized that performing takes more out of me than I thought. After the show, I felt super weak and fatigued. Didn't think about that very well, but I was drinking a lot more water in prep for it, so I was fine, just worn out. I have another show this Friday, and will crank the water and up the protein just a bit to compensate. I wish HotShots pizza was fat free, low cal and loaded with protein. lol

So, I'm staying focused and on track, and it feels great. Doc's amazed and I've already had a couple of people noticed I'm losing. I've got such a long way to go to get healthy, but man, what a shot in the arm this is!
 
Let the cleansing of the D continue. Thankful to God for all of my blessings that are making this work.

No comments: