Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bump Watch 2008: Update!

I think I'm finally becoming fully aware of what is happening, and I couldn't be happier. I watch Carrie's belly stretch and rise and fall as our little girl squirms around inside her. She's going to either be incredibly hyperactive or a professional breakdancer, because this kid squirms more than a crackhead dipped in butter.

Odd analogy; granted.

2 August 2008: With a baby shower pending on the 3rd, we decided to really dedicate ourselves to determining her name. After all, "Baby Girl" won't go over too well at preschool. Carrie and I have been on the same track as far as names go, and we decided on--wait for it--Layla Marie. It flows well; I've already practiced my dad yells and it just rolls off the tongue like that butter-dipped crackhead. Sorry; there's that analogy again.

3 August 2008: This Sunday night, we had our first baby shower. It was put together with much haste by our friend Jessica, who also works with Carrie. It was at Buca di Beppo, which I highly recommend for any Italian food enthusiasts. Anyway, some of Carrie's friends from work came out, as well as my friends from SHOEBACCA, and Justin and Glynda as well. We had a great time, and got some great gifts!

5 August 2008: We returned to the doctor for our weekly visit, and everything seems to be just peachy. Our doctor informed us that she will be on vacation next week, so we'll be meeting with a different doc next week. I'm sure that Carrie felt the same sense of "Uh-oh" that I did, but then again, it's not like we've been seeing this doctor for months... I don't expect the baby to come next week anyway. Of course, that being said, I didn't expect the baby to come in August, either...

We're preparing things at home as much as we can. The crib should be in soon, and I am off to meet a woman after work who I am buying some things from. Again, Craigslist. It's the shizznit.

On a side note from our prenatal saga, Darrel and Michelle had their boy the other night. He's a premie, but mom and the boy (Oliver Michael) are doing very well. Darrel finally got some sleep, too. He said that they are expecting to have Oliver in the hospital for at least three weeks, and hopefully Michelle will be getting out Friday. Say a prayer for them, and if you want to see some pics of the wee lad and for more information, read my blog on the Tone Def All-Stars page here.

One Love,
D

No comments: